Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tampa Adventures


Isabelle and I just got home yesterday from a wonderful week in Tampa visiting Mom-Mom Susan and Pop-Pop Bill. Ed had a business trip in Nashville so it was just us girls for this visit. I had to work all week, and it was a busy one! So Isabelle got lots of quality bonding time with Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop. They had huge adventures every day!

They hit every outdoor playground in the Tampa Bay area. They went to several different malls, which are MUCH different than the malls we have here (indoor surfing! ice skating rinks! huge play areas for kids! the works!). They went out to lunch every day. They saw a ginormous King Kong blow-up creature.

Isabelle didn't take one nap the entire week because she was just way too busy. One night, she actually passed out at 6:15pm (it was fantastic)! I barely saw the light of day while I was there since I was chained to my laptop, but Isabelle got a lot of fresh air and sunshine which was a much needed reprieve from the cabin fever we'd been building up this winter.

I think I'll have to plan more of these work-from-Tampa weekends next winter. If I plan them out ahead of time, I can budget the airfare into my year-end bonus. Daddy will either have to convince his boss to let him telecommute or he'll just have to miss his girls for a few weeks out of the winter!


1 comment:

  1. Your room is ready for you anytime!!! We miss you so much and are looking forward to seeing you again in April. Lots of Love from Mom-Mom & Pop-Pop.

    ReplyDelete