Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm melting! Melting!


"I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world, what a world! Who would've thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness? I'm gone! I'm gone! I'm going!" - The Wicked Witch of the West, The Wizard of Oz

When we came home from Tampa yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the snow is finally MELTING! The 4-plus-feet of icy wickedness is now only about a foot high around our fence. And, lo and behold, we can actually see GREEN GRASS in our yard! Tonight and tomorrow we are getting another storm. There was talk about snow, ice, sleet, rain and a full "wintry mix" but now it looks like Edgewater is going to get ALL RAIN! Yippee! Granted, we're going to have some pretty hefty flooding in Edgewater in the coming weeks (or possibly months) but if it means Spring is on the way, I'm looking forward to strapping on the galoshes and dancing in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment