Sunday, February 14, 2010

The 3 Month Itch


I've discovered over the past few years, that I really need a "break" from the routine about every 3 months for my sanity. It doesn't have to be a full week-long fancy vacation. It can be a simple road trip over a long weekend to another town, a short jaunt to visit out-of-state friends or family, or a quick vacation with a few days off of work. But over the past few years, I've made sure to plan some kind of "break" for us every three months on average.

November - Puerto Rico for a full 10-day unplugged vacation. December - a few days off around the holidays to spend with family. February - trip to Tampa. May/June - a trip to Chicago. September - long weekend to an off-season beach somewhere (OC, Jersey Shore, etc.).

This year, I messed with the plan. We decided to skip the trip to Tampa in February and opt for April instead, so we would have warmer weather on our visit. Turns out, my inner psyche was unable to wait. When those weather guys predicted snow for Monday, my decision to take Isabelle to Tampa was a pretty easy one. The weather there is only around 60 this week, we aren't even packing bathing suits. But 60 sure beats 28 degrees which is what we're leaving behind today!

This won't be a break from work this visit, I'm working all week from Florida. But it's a change of scenery and a doubling of temperature, which is much needed right now. We need to warm our bones! Then we have another trip to Tampa in April, that will be a true vacation, fully unplugged.

So as I get older, and now that we have a child, I'm wondering if maybe I need a break every TWO months instead of every three.

Time to make plans for June, August, and October.








1 comment:

  1. GeeGa thinks you girls got out 'o Dodge at the perfect time. Only wish I could have gone too!They say this is the 100 year storm, which means Izzi will HOPEFULLY never see one again. Albeit pretty (at first) it truly is inconvenient, messy, cold, tooooooo deep, etc.
    You girls enjoy the warm.

    ReplyDelete