Friday, January 29, 2010

The Viral Wave

I wanted to report that Isabelle is feeling better. Her appetite finally came back (with a vengeance). She's eating everything she can get her hands on. She lost 3 whole pounds with this little bugger, and since she only weighed 30 lbs. to begin with, that's 10% of her body weight. (The contestants on The Biggest Loser could only HOPE to lose that much in one week)!

She's on two different meds now, and just like the doctor warned, one of them is causing a hyperactive, irritable child. I plan to catch one of the little drug-induced tantrums on video this weekend so I can show you what I mean. It's almost humorous when she catches us in the right mood (which is difficult after 9 days of this bull$hit).

However, The Viral Wave has swept up the next member of the household. ME! I started with the same symptoms that she started with last Wednesday. So I am on day 3 of her 9-day illness. So glad to know I have 6 more days to look forward to, UGH! I guess I will call my doctor next week to order a chest x-ray for myself to rule out pneumonia.

Ed had a touch of a stomach thing this week (which is only 1 of the many varying symptoms that us girls have). But he was immediately better the next day and he is fine now (knock on wood). Let's hope this ends with me and we can do the viral wave buh-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment