Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My new BFF

When I was getting Izzi ready for "school" this morning (aka, daycare), she was in a very cuddly, snuggly, lovey mood. She petted my head and said, "Mommy, I like your hair." Then she pulled the zipper up higher on my sweatshirt and offered up, "Mommy, I like your shirt."

To which I replied with the obligatory, "Thank You, Izzi" ("You're Welcome, Mommy.")

Then she put her two hands on my cheeks, held my face still, looked me in the eyes and said, "Mommy, you're my BEST friend."

I think she was buttering me up for later today when she'll be a holy terror after getting home from school (you know, the witching hour?).

In my mind, I'm not her best friend at all, but her parent! And that's a very big distinction for me and Ed (we want her to fear us, even if just a little bit). Either way, she's still the coolest person I know.




1 comment:

  1. Gee-Ga thinks she's the coolest thing too, right behind her mommy & daddy.

    ReplyDelete