Friday, January 8, 2010

Inspiration

Thanks to my friend, Erin, who inspired me to start my own blog. I'm emailing funny stories about Isabelle out to family and friends often enough, that it's time to document these things all in one place. Our family and friends can now follow along at their own pace if they so choose, rather than be bombarded with emails from me!

I write Isabelle a letter every 3 months or so. I type it on my computer since my handwriting is no longer legible (thanks computers!!!). My letters document her vitals (height, weight, etc.), her milestones, current events in the news, things our family has done in recent weeks, etc. I print each letter out, put it into a sealed envelope, put the date on the front of the envelope and put stickers all over the envelope. Then it goes into her memory box that I started when she was born. I'm not sure when I'll give these to her, maybe on her Sweet 16? She's going to have hours of reading when it comes time. And if I can keep up with this blog, perhaps even days!

Thanks for following the Wonderful World of Iz......

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Erin and thank you Jen & Ed. Reading about Izzi and memorable videos are precious. Watching her grow is truly a great blessing to all of us!
    Mom-mom Susan & Pop-pop Bill

    ReplyDelete