Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Unmentionable Helmet

Izzi spent the day with Aunt Kim (Ed's cousin), Uncle Chris, and Ronan yesterday. Ed & I went to the Hot August Blues Concert at Oregon Ridge. And the name held up to it's meaning. It was HOT and the music was a great mix of Blues bands. We went to see our favorite live act, Mister Keb 'Mo. We travel to see him whenever he's within 2 hours of us. He's just that great. The headliner was Lyle Lovett and he was fantastic with his FULL band. There must have been 30 guys up on the stage and they sounded superb. He even treated us to our favorite song of his, If I Had a Boat. Fantabulous.

During the concert, I got the attached picture from Aunt Kim, sent to my cell phone. It was sunny and I couldn't see the pic very well so I texted her back thanking her for putting a helmet on Izzi. She texted me back that it was UNDERWEAR! Ha ha.

Her 2-year-old son just got new underwear but has NO use for them yet. He thinks they are hats. So Ronan and Izzi were running around their backyard, riding bikes, with Thomas the Tank boys underwear on their heads.

Viva la Redneck Babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment