Friday, August 6, 2010

Izzi and the Watermelon Queen

Ed took Isabelle to downtown Annapolis this afternoon for some Watermelon Festival thing. I guess Tuesday was National Watermelon Day? Who knew!

So the watermelon farmers from Delaware and Maryland gather each August to promote the local watermelon industry, which I guess is booming right now, and watermelons are at their peak.

I just got a text message from Ed saying that Isabelle was going to appear in the "Living" section of the Washington Post next Thursday in a picture with the Watermelon Queen!!

I'll be sure to pick up a few hard copies of that newspaper so you out-of-towners can see it next time we see you. And hopefully it will also be online. Either way, I'll email the picture and caption once it's published.

Our daughter the star!



No comments:

Post a Comment