Sunday, August 15, 2010

Castles and Fairytales

I received the new issue of Boston College Magazine this week. It's a quarterly publication that is written for a reader level far beyond mine. I like to look at the pictures though, ha ha.

I was paging through, reading an article about how much work it takes to plan Commencement ceremonies each year. There is a whole committee that does only that, all year long. They sit down 2 days after Commencement ceremonies to begin planning the following year's event. Now I feel bad that I slept through mine.

Anyway, as I was looking through the magainze, and reading a few interesting passages to Ed, Isabelle came over to see what I was reading. On the page were pictures of the beautiful and magical Boston College Campus with its Collegiate Gothic architecture. The design of Gasson Hall in 1908 actually influenced the Collegiate Gothic style across many other campuses in the 1900s.
Her eyes got really wide and she pointed to the photo of Gasson Hall and said, "ooooh Mommy, it's a CASTLE!". I agreed and told her that I went to school there and asked if she wanted to go to school there one day too, in the CASTLE. She adamantly stated that she did.

She immediately ran into the other room where Ed had gone, and proclaimed very loudly, "Daddy! I want to go to BOSTON COLLEGE!". Atta girl.....now go get a scholarship.


No comments:

Post a Comment