Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Christmas Story

The day was lovely. Our three-year-old slept in until 8am. We ate way too much food all day long. I don’t think there was more than a 20-minute break between stuffing food in our face. Santa was very good to Isabelle this year. It’s nice when you only have one child, because Santa brings it pretty heavy. And well, he should, because she’s a pretty good kid.

The boring gifts were opened first (by design) – books, movies, stickers, flashcards. Then the good stuff came next – dress-up clothes in a trunk, Barbie princess dolls, Candy Land, Chutes & Ladders, a Dora Mega-Blocks roller coaster set, a jewelry-making kit, a Chicago Cubs winter hat. And then, the “money” gifts were left until the end…

• a two-sided easel from Geega and Grandpa (magnetic, dry erase board, chalkboard, and more)

• a digital camera from Mommy & Daddy with zooming capabilities, games, and a 400 picture capacity

• a GOLF CART from Santa for the dollhouse people, but then became a golf cart for the new Disney princess dolls (the roof doesn’t exactly fit on with their tiaras and bouffants, but they get around just fine); their first trip in the golf cart was to go to the “store” to buy “beer” because they were going to a really great party that night (ummm, OK, at least she pays attention)

• the 4th annual White House Christmas ornament from Baba (oh how we love those ornaments, they are sparkly and such a great collector’s item)

• $100 towards the “travel fund” from Uncle Don & Aunt Susan (again, still not sure what that thing is, but they keep saying I’ll really love it one day)

• $50 from Grandpa for my “pinky” bank

Mommy and Daddy made me lay down for a nap around 1pm, but I didn’t sleep. I just played with more of my new toys, read my new books, and didn’t stay in bed. Mommy finally let me get up and watch one of my new movies, I chose Snow White. But it was SCARY and I cried and didn’t want to finish watching it. So we watched the Princess stories DVD instead. That wasn’t scary. It was just cheesy plastic deliciousness that I could watch for hours. I guess the Princess era has arrived!

For dinner we had a baked ham, green beans, mashed potatoes, and cornbread. We had a baked apple crisp for dinner. I didn’t eat any of it, except for a few pieces of ham. Then I had oranges, cheese, turkey, bread, and some M&M’s. It was an exquisite dinner indeed.

Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus. Merry Christmas, every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment