Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On the fifth day of Christmas, my daughter gave to me…

Five Super Bowl Rings!



Tonight, Isabelle was asking when Santa was coming back to bring her more presents. So I tried to explain how giving presents is so much better than receiving them, and asked her if she’d given presents to her Pretty Lamb, Arthur, Baby Lola (and her other cast of characters). She then started handing out ‘pretend’ presents to us.

At one point, she told me she had a very special present for me, and that I should open it slowwwwwly. So I did as I was told. And I pretended to just LOVE my pretend gift, even though I didn’t know what it was. And she asked, do you know what it is, Mommy? It’s RINGS!

Rings, I asked? RINGS?!? Like, maybe….Super Bowl rings?

YES! YES! Super Bowl Rings, Mommy! Are you so ga-cited (aka, excited)?!?!?! (as she jumped up and down, clearly excited she had given me a gift that I truly loved)



Well, YES, that is everything I wanted for Christmas this year, Isabelle! But you know what? We need to give Super Bowl rings to everyone on the team. Like Ray Lewis...






And Joe Flacco, Mommy?

Yup.

What about Ray Rice?

Absolutely.


Does Todd Heap get a Super Bowl ring, Mommy?

Of course he does!

Who else gets a Super Bowl ring, Daddy?

Well, let’s go through the roster…

You see, what some of you faithful readers may not know, is that Isabelle played a key part in the Chicago Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup this past hockey season. Every day the Blackhawks played in a playoff game (and let me tell you, there are a LOT of hockey playoff games), Isabelle sent a picture of herself in her Blackhawks jersey to Uncle Don in Chicago (well, Uncle Don DID buy her the jersey after all, it was the least we could do). And while the team didn’t win every game that Isabelle sent a picture for, they obviously won MOST of them, because they have the Stanley Cup to prove it.

So, the fact that Isabelle gave me rings tonight as a present, leads me to believe that maybe she’ll be a good luck charm for the Baltimore Ravens obtaining a whole mess of Super Bowl rings this year, and the almighty Lombardi Trophy which has eluded Ravens fans for 9 years.



Festivus Maximus, everyone. May your heart bleed purple, and your new year be shiny and bright.



No comments:

Post a Comment