Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Spoiled? Probably a little...

For weeks, Isabelle has not been able to come up with any concrete answers to the, What do you want Santa to bring you for Christmas? question. We got the vague answers of...

toys,
   books,
      clothes,
         pretty shoes,
            princess dresses, etc.

It was only within the last few days, after we were finished shopping, that she finally came up with a real answer. It was unique, cute, and well...impossible to find. She wanted a golf cart, for her dollhouse people and Barbie dolls, so they could ride around just like they were in Puerto Rico. Ummmm, OK?

So online I went and found one option which was a pink (of course) golf cart for the "High School Musical" doll set. (Whatever that means). Except it was $50. Seriously? I can't pay those prices for this stuff, I just can't.

I also found a die-cast metal one for about $10, but it was way too small for Barbie, and probably wouldn't be amenable to her dollhouse gang either. That dollhouse family is a big, roudy bunch and I could see a fight breaking out between them, Dora, and Diego. There was just not enough room in the die-cast version.

So, I moved to Plan B. Ebay, from where all impossible-to-find toys (and pretty much everything else) can be found. And alas, I found my holy grail. It was an older model of the now-$50 version of the pink golf cart. It used to be for Barbie, and someone was dumping one for $9.00. I won't get it to Edgewater in time for a Santa surprise, but boy, will I look like the rockstar Mom when I give it to her a few days after Christmas!

I had to pay about $15 for shipping, of course, but that still brings the total golf cart purchase to only $25, half of what I might have paid if I caved to the full-price retail 2010 version.

So, you might say she's spoiled. And maybe she is. She certainly didn't need one more gift to open for Christmas, Saturday morning is already going to take forever. But we only get a few years to play Santa, and I get a year-end bonus from work every December. I can't think of any better way to spend it.

Merry Christmas, my little Bean. And many Happy New Years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment