Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nutrimentum spiritus

That means "food for the soul", an inscription on the Royal Library in Berlin.

We had a family outing to the Library tonight. Let me tell ya, us Silers know how to have a good time! We had a stash of books to return and while we were there, Isabelle got her very own Library Card and a sticker to prove it. She's so cool.

But let me back up a bit. We were pulling into the parking lot and I reminded Isabelle (because it's been a while since she's been to the library) that we have to be very quiet in the Library and use our whispery voices. She agreed, said she remembered, and then demonstrated her very best whispers.

Then she took on a very concerned tone and asked, "But, Mommy, I can still sneeze, right?"

"Yes, of course you can still sneeze"

"And, Mommy, what if I have to cough? Will I get in trouble for making noise?"

"No, a cough is OK, just make sure to cough into your elbow."

"Right, Mommy...And Mommy? Is it OK to burp in the Library?"

After Ed & I finished laughing....

"Yes, I think that would be OK, Iz, but let's try not to burp in the Library, OK?"

"OK, Mommy...and I won't fart either, OK?"

No comments:

Post a Comment