Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just a Minute...

I wanted to share a snippet of a conversation that took place over a short 3-mile drive to daycare this week.

Mommy?

Yes, Isabelle?

Why are you drinking that coffee?

Because Mommy needs coffee to wake up.

Ohhhhh……………Mommy?

Yes, Isabelle?

Why are you driving this car?

Because Mommy is driving you to school.

Ohhhhh………Mommy?

Yes, Isabelle?

Why are I going to school?

You mean, why AM I going to school?

……………Uhhhhhhh…………………Mommy?

YES, ISABELLE?

Why are you mad?

I’m not mad, baby. Just a minute, Mommy is trying to concentrate on driving. I need to focus on the road so we can be safe.

Ohhhhh………Mommy?

ISABELLE? What on GOD'S GREEN EARTH could you possibly want?

Mommy? I LOVE YOU!

(Mommy slumps into the car seat, wondering how this precious thing could annoy her for even one minute)

---






No comments:

Post a Comment