Monday, June 10, 2013

Isabelle and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Poor Isabelle started a summer camp today at the YMCA. It looked like a super fun aquatic camp called Fins and Snorkels.

The day started on a sour note when we realized as we pulled into the parking lot  that mommy forgot to pack her a towel. Thankfully mom-mom lives right across the street from the Y so she came to the rescue with a towel. 

As we walked across the parking lot, Iz excitedly skipped and sang and SPLAT fell down on all fours and skidded to a stop. Bloodied knees and hands galore.

Then once we got her cleaned up and bandaged, she was just ruined after that. She got weepy, clung onto me, and tugged my heartstrings with a vice grip.

I promised to stay with her until they got into the pool. Because of the chaos of the first day, the kids didn't get into the pool until 10am. She seemed to be OK by then and even blew me a kiss goodbye. 

I guess she wasn't OK though because when I picked her up the counselor told me she cried all day. I wasn't too keen on the chaos of the morning and the very young age of the counselors. I don't like my kid in a pool if I'm not there to supervise. Yes, I'm over protective so shoot me. And because of that, Izzi is a summer camp dropout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment