Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Swaddled Sweetness

This morning was the typical morning of any Mom of a pre-schooler...

We woke up with kisses and cuddles, we fixed a healthy breakfast and chatted about world politics over a glass of freshly squeezed OJ. Then we jointly picked out an adorable matching outfit for her to wear to school all while singing silly songs together.

NOT!

We woke up in a panic after the 5th slap of the snooze alarm. We raced to throw dry cereal in a bowl, realized we were out of juice so had to count the cereal milk as our breakfast beverage too. I threw together two semi-matching outfits (one for me, one for Isabelle) from the least smelly clothes I could find in between the hamper and the floor. Then we swished some toothpaste in our mouth with a shot of water for a morning dose of dental hygiene. As we're running out the door I realize Izzi is still barefoot so I impatiently SCREAMMMM at her to go get her frickin frackin SHOES ON!!! You know that is part of getting dressed blee, blah, blah!!!!

While she is shoeing herself, I'm scrambling to find my phone, sunglasses, keys, and the grocery list (hey, maybe I can hit the store on the way home from school?). She is STILL not out of her room by the time I finally locate all of my own missing items. ISABELLE!!! NOW!!!! We have to leave NOW NOW NOW!

I'm COMING, MOMMY!!!!!!! I had to find my socks, and find my shoes, and my shoes weren't where.....blee, blah, blah!! Stop talking! Let's GOOOOO!

Fast forward a few hours, I need to wash the linens today. I go into her room to strip her bed and I find her "Baby Lola" very carefully swaddled, lying on her bed, with two of her favorite stuffed animal buddies snuggled up next to her. I know this is what took her so long this morning while she was supposed to be shoeing herself. She had to make sure her babies were gonna be OK today while their mama was off to a big day of Pre-K4.

I really need to start getting up around the 2nd or 3rd snooze alarm so we have some extra time in the morning for adorableness like this...


No comments:

Post a Comment