Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Flower Girl

We're leaving tomorrow for Uncle Sean's wedding. What? Yes, Uncle Sean is getting hitched. His wife's name will be --- Jennifer Egan. Weird for me, but I guess I'll cope. I gave up the name 10.5 years ago so I guess I can pass it on. At least the name is being passed on to a reputable lady :)

Jenny & Sean asked Isabelle to be a flower girl in the wedding. I will post pictures as soon as I can. She is wearing a beautiful Lilly Pulitzer dress that her new soon-to-be Aunt Jenny bought for her (see pic on the left). It's white cotton lace with a hot pink flower applique on it, simply gorgeous. (That's a picture of the dress to the left, not a pic of Isabelle in the dress -- she hasn't gotten THAT big since you last saw her!)

When searching for white sandals, I found a pair with little white butterflies on the shoes. The wedding ceremony is at a place called "Magic Wings" which is a butterfly conservatory so Isabelle will be playing her part.

We've been practicing her flower girl duties all week, we hope she's up for the task. Worst case scenario, I will walk down the aisle with her if she's scared to go it alone. She'll have another fellow flower girl in Jenny's niece, Abby, who is 5 years old. But Iz tends to get a bit gun-shy when she doesn't know people so we'll just have to see how the whole thing goes down.

We're looking forward to the long weekend with family. But we are dreading the 8-hour car drive home on Sunday. On the trip up to Massachusetts, we're splitting the trip in half by driving to my Aunt Gail's house tomorrow in New Jersey. We'll hit the beach (it's supposed to be 100 degrees tomorrow!!!) and then finish the trip on Friday. But we have to the trip home in one straight-through drive to get back to work by Monday. We bought a portable DVD player with headphones and have 15 movies along for the ride. Hopefully we can make it work.

Congrats to Uncle Sean and Aunt Jenny! We can't wait to see everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment