Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I-Z-Z-I

So a few months ago, Isabelle started to "recognize" her written name (well, her nickname anyway). When she sees "Izzi" written somewhere, she says "I-Z-Z-I, that says IZZI!"

So at "school" this year the kids started working on writing their name. It took her all of three weeks to "get it" and tonight she grabbed a marker and a piece of paper. She asked us if she could write her name for us. Sure!

So in red magic marker tonight, on September 29, 2010, Isabelle Natalie Siler wrote I-Z-Z-I on a piece of paper without a model to go off of and no letters to trace. She just wrote her nickname out all by herself.

Just to remind you readers and family members......she's TWO years old. Granted, she's just a few weeks from turning three.....and already going on four. Lord, give us the strength we need!!!

As a postscript, Miss Trish has already decided to switch her school things to "Isabelle" since she will probably have to learn to use that in Kindgergarten. So at this rate, Izzi will probably be writing I-S-A-B-E-L-L-E by her third birthday. I'll let her sign her own birthday card to herself, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment